- This event has passed.
Certified Scrum Master Training in Aarhus, Denmark
Certified Scrum Master Course Description
We expect you to have some prior knowledge about Scrum and we expect you to have read the “Scrum Guide” on ScrumGuides.org prior to class. It would also be beneficial for you if you read one of Ken Schwaber’s books.
How To Register
Individuals wishing to attend the certification Scrum certification course should register by this site.
Certified ScrumMaster Course Material
Participants will receive printed and bounded material on the first day of class. The material is in English and will change from Training class to training class. The material will be enhanced by more slides, videos and other pictures in case the trainers will find this useful during class.
Being a ScrumMaster demands a lot of skill and can at first sight look like a trivial challenge. However, once starting the journey to transform the organization there will be impediment after impediment that will challenge the implementation of Scrum. So to use Scrum, using “The Art of the Possible”, there needs to be skilled ScrumMasters to take on this challenge.
Each individual is trained to be able to assume the following responsibilities: Remove the barriers between development and business (ProductOwner) so the business directly drives development; Teach the business how to maximize ROI and meet their objectives through Scrum; Improve the lives of the development team by facilitating creativity and empowerment; Improve the productivity of the development team in any way possible; and, Improve the engineering practices and tools so each increment of functionality is potentially shippable
The training is done with several exercises. Be prepared to do hard work. The training will give you the feeling of Scrum itself.The first day is dedicated to the Why, the Philosophy, the Meaning of Scrum. The second day hands you over the tools and the How of Scrum. Using anecdotes and experience, teaching the Scrum framework, you will learn how to use it to be an effective Scrum participant.
Class start at 9 am. Breakfast is served form 8:30 and Lunch at noon. Drinks and snacks provided throughout the day. Food, drinks, printed course material, notebook, certification fee, etc is all paid for.
Register, show up and enjoy learning about doing true Scrum as a framework, what best practices to use, to be truly agile.
In order to certify you will have to conduct an online test.
Certified Scrum Master Course Agenda
- Opacity of waterfall
Overview of Scrum
- Agile Principles
- Brief History of Scrum
- Heart of Scrum
- Scrum Overview
- Emergency Procedure
- Overview of the roles
- Mixing the roles
- Why DONE
- Advantage of DONE
- How to create a definition of DONE
- Product Backlog Items (PBIs), User stories and other choices on the Product Backlog
- Backlog Meetings
- INVEST in your Product Backlog
- Estimating your PBI’s
- Purpose of Retrospective
- Techniques for Retrospective
- Traditional Contract
- Agile Contract
- Responsibilities and mindset
- How to react in different scenarios
- Scrum Masters impediment list
The Product Owner
- Description and responsibilities
- Character of a good Product Owner
- Product Owner team
The Development team
- Composition and cross-functionality
- Responsibilities of the Team Member
- What to do with dysfunctional Team Members
- Distributed Teams
- Sprint Planning, how to get from the what to the how
- How the team commit to the sprint
- Sprint Backlog as spreadsheet, on the wall or in a tool
- Responsibilities in the sprint
- Updating progress
- Burndown chart
- Who can say what
- Why is it important the team feels ownership
- Purpose of meeting
- A review not a demo
- Allocating Sprints
- Tracking progress the Release Burndown
- what to expect
- From one team to many
- Coordination between teams (Integration Scrum)
- Multi Product Backlogs or one Product Backlog
- Sprint Planning from one Product Backlog for many Teams
Over 500 Scrum Classes Taught Around The World
Scrum Training Institute
5 out of 5 stars with 69 reviews.
I enjoyed the enthusiasmBy: Karen L.
I enjoyed the enthusiasm, the openness of the instructor, all exercises and also the background info. Everything!!!
Engaging, challenging + funBy: Harry J.
Jens was energetic, dynamic and able to answer difficult questions. Exercises were engaging, challenging + fun.