- This event has passed.
Agile Team Health Check
The Team Health Check is a self-assessment process for Agile teams who want to improve the way they work together to meet project outcomes. Results are tracked over time so that the team can see growth and identify new areas for improvement. The Team Health Check is a great way to take the temperature of a team as you start down a path of continuous improvement.
During this workshop, we’ll discuss:
- Team dynamics and why team health checks are important.
- Tools and models to implement health checks with your team(s).
- How to facilitate a team health check that includes the agenda, metrics, assessment, analysis, and a growth plan.
This workshop will also include breakout and hands-on activities that will provide you with the opportunity to experience each stage of a team health check.
After this workshop, you will have the basic tools to begin the process of implementing health checks in your own organization.
- Understand why team health checks are important.
- Learn how to set up and facilitate team health checks in both co-located and distributed environments.
- Receive a virtual toolkit of downloadable templates to use in your organization.
- Receive an Agile Team Health Check digital credential and Professional Development Units (PDUs) upon completion.
- Receive a 1 hour complimentary consultation session post-class. (one-on-one or team)
Who Should Attend
Scrum Masters, Agile Coaches, or anyone interested in learning how to implement a team health check in their organization. While many of the strategies discussed apply directly to Agile and Scrum environments, they can be applied in any business or tech organization that is striving for continuous improvement.
- You will need access to a laptop or computer with a working webcam and microphone as well as a strong internet connection.
- This course will occur live and completely online using Zoom.
- Additional course access information will be emailed to all students one week before the course.
Team Dynamics and Role of Team Health Checks
- History of Teams
- Evolution of Team Dynamics
- Team Self-Selection
- Fixed vs. Growth Mindset
- Building Psychological Safety
Models, Methods, Tools (Co-located and Distributed)
- Happiness Door
- Miro Collaboration Tool
- Spotify Model
Facilitating a Team Health Check
- Growth Plan
Natalie Roberts is the Training and Operations Manager at Scrum Training Institute. She is a Certified AgilityHealth Facilitator (AHF) and has over 20 years of experience as a trainer, facilitator, and education leader in private and public sectors.
She has also consulted education and non-profit organizations who are implementing education technology solutions and process improvements.
Natalie is based Orlando, Florida, where she is self-employed. She holds a Bachelor of Arts degree from the State University of New York at Geneseo and a Masters of Science degree from the College of Business & Industry at Mississippi State University.
Being the first Certified Scrum Practitioner (CSP) and one of the first Certified Scrum Trainers (CST), worldwide, Jens Ostergaard has successfully certified over 10,000 people and helped numerous companies on there agile journey. He is the longest serving CST.
Having more than 25 years of experience as a developer, dba, team manager, project manager and ScrumMaster, primarily in financial organizations, he has worked with all aspects of software development. Jens has managed several Scrum projects, and became a fully qualified CSM Trainer, in Copenhagen, 2004. Apart from consulting and training, Jens gives popular presentations about Scrum, at conferences and for organizations.
Jens base is in Florida, where he is self-employed. He holds a Bachelor of Science in Systems Analysis at Linköping University, Sweden, and one year at graduate school, business department, in Madison, Wisconsin.